Saturday, August 13, 2011

SHUT DOWN! written by: Sukito


Like any other computers after being overused... they automatically shut down!
There were times in my life... in our lives that after a busy day, tiring job, stressful situations, heartaches and pain... we felt like we wanted to escape and go somewhere else alone where no one would know and disturb us. A place where we can just think things over. Where we can breathe freely and reflect on what have happened or what have we gone through the whole day! Especially when we are suffocated with many problems and wanted to forget it even for a while. I am not trying to be sentimental but I know that all of us have experienced this and all of us wanted to have a break sometimes for whatever we bear in mind. Like a "stop over" in any long travel!
If you're gonna ask my personal experience about this matter, all I can recall was that I have been through this event many times. Thinking about it, I am hoping that it wouldn't mean or give you a notion that I am living a stressful life. But really, as far as I can remember... whenever I am having this kind of dilemma... I can hardly get some sleep! Feels like you're wide awake the whole time! You've been lying in in your bed for a minute... then hours... 'til morning comes and you are still up with your eyebags unconcealed. Seems like you are a drug addict, but you're really not. It's a mixed emotion of boredom, tiredness, stress, sadness and numbness. Then, the more you dwell in it... you'll definitely fall into depression. And it will be much tougher to cope up when you are drowned in it. No matter how hard you try to divert your attention into something else, counting thousands of sheeps in your head, whether doing your favorite hobbies, or just making yourself busy... though it works sometimes if you're lucky enough. Your mind is blank and it gives you nothing but headache when you try to think harder and forget it.. Then, that's the time when you can say that your mind and body is voluntarily shutting down for some reason you can't clearly understand. I think my body and mind is trying to tell me to chill down, relax, take a break and recharge for the next day. Brace myself for what tomorrow might bring. While making it a point in my mind that God wouldn't give us anything we can't handle just to keep away the fear that awaits. Then you retire and sleep...

2 comments: